Your Dollars at Work
For a person living with MS, the road to wellness involves more than treatment of the disease. Equally important are health promotion and prevention strategies, satisfying personal relationships, fulfilling work and leisure activities, a meaningful place in the community and adequate attention to one’s inner self.
Each year, your support helps the Colorado-Wyoming Chapter provide:
- Nearly 5,000 information and referral calls
- Self help & support groups: 30 groups state-wide, serving 500 people.
- Education programs: 20 programs servine more than 2,000 people.
- Exercise & recreational programs: 12 programs, including skiing, canoeing, yoga, rafting, horseback riding, aquatics, Tai Chi, wellness classes, and picnics to nearly 350 people.
- Financial assistance: $128,173 to provide direct assistance for 231 people with MS for urgent needs such as medical equipment, ramps, cooling units, life lines, home or auto modifications, utility assistance, home health care, respite care and transportation. These dollars were leveraged to provide a total of $450,000 of support.
- Care management services: assist more than 2,200 persons diagnosed with MS to navigate the complex health and community resource systems.
- Public education: more than 19,000 persons in the community learn more about MS through public education and awareness venues such as talks at special events, service club presentations and health fairs.
- Long-term care housing collaboration: the Chapter continues its collaboration with North Star and Rowan Communities; MS skilled care units specializing in the needs of younger people with MS and their lifestyle interests.
- Assisted living housing collaboration: Harmony Assisted Living currently serves 10-12 people with MS. The Chapter funds a companion 20 hours per week to assist those living with MS in the facility.
Other Ways Your Donation Makes a Difference